Sew, I am not sure if I blogged this already or not... BUT I murdered my sewing Machine. It was a good machine, always there when I needed it. I learned to sew on it, and it did what I wanted it to do...sometimes against its will. It was sad when I killed it, it was unintentional manslaughter. I swear. But it was not something that could be repaired cheaply. My Frugal spouse, tried, he did. And then he decided that purchasing a new machine would be more economical than fixing the old!
And he picked up a Brother SE400 for me! AMAZING. Such a great price for all of the features.
I have been using it for a while now, but I had yet to play with the Embroidery features... call me chicken!
Here is my first shot at Embroidering with it.
This was way easier than I thought it would be. I do not have any embroidery software. I did this by re-hooping for each letter. Since I did the 3 inch size. It would not have fit if the machine did it itself.
My skirt panel is 13x29 and the bottom hem is 6x29 folded up. I basted, then stretched and scrunched the skirt before attaching to the tank that I cut off.
The tank top was $1.50 and material was $2.